Friday, April 16, 2010

cross my mind

I was born and grown up in a village and I always refer to my self as a Kampung Boy. I went through all the ‘kampung boy’ stuff, you named it; Having bath in the river, went to the jungle looking for birds or squirrel, plays ‘guli’, catching fish in the pond (The pond is not that clean and not dirty either) and etc. When I looked back that years, it’s actually teach me about friendship, team work and learning new things in others way that I not realize during that time and I am sure all of you agree with me.
And after being academician for 3-4 years, I found out there is an explanation for all the things that I had been experienced, not one but many. But the convincing explanation was back in 1883, when Jean Piaget comes out with the Theory of Cognitive Development. It was a very convincing theory about the nature and development of human intelligences. The theory is well defined and being one of the important theory thought to our trainee teachers. To make it simple, the theory stated that there are four stages of human development;
i. Sensory motor period (Birth – 2 years old)
ii. Preoperational period ( 3 – 6 years old)
iii. Concrete operational period ( 7-11 years old)
iv. Formal operational period (12 years old and above)
I do not intent to explain in details each of the stages but, I do like to stress that all the ‘unaware’ learning process that happened to me was during preoperational and concrete operational stages. Those of you interested to know the detail about the Theory of Cognitive Development by Jean Piaget, just types the words in google search engine.
It is even worthy for me to update my blog since now I have 5 followers. Thanks Sweet Craft Design, Norwahida, Anwarjauhari, E’na Binut and Reemolly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adakah pemimpin muda KDM dalam PBS, UPKO dan PBRS berpeluang menjadi calon dalam PRU-13?